Blog Detail

  • International Student - Your Passport to Canadian Permanent Residence


    How can you improve your CRS Score as an International Graduate and eventually secure a Canadian PR Visa?

    There are many ways you can do to improve your CRS Score if you are planning to immigrate to Canada through the Express Entry System.

    There are seven potential factors to consider and these are Job Offer, Provincial Nominee Program, Work Experience, Education Level, Spouse, language and Studying in Canada. One of the factors that a lot of applicants do not take too much attention is Studying in Canada and so let's discuss more about this factor that could potentially increase your chances of Immigrating to Canada.

    International Graduates usually obtain more CRS Points for their Canadian Education that offers more security for being granted a Permanent Residence status.

    International graduates from Canadian study programs may obtain up to 30 CRS points, in addition to the points they obtain for the level of their education.

    The government of Canada ranks candidates in the Express Entry pool using a points-based system called the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) conducts periodic draws from the pool, during which the highest-ranking candidates are invitated to apply (ITA) for Permanent Residence.

    Having an ITA allows the applicant to apply to the government of Canada for permanent resident status. The application process is usually completed within six months.

    An individual who studied in Canada may obtain up to 30 additional points for their Canadian degree, diploma, or certificate and in order to be eligible for these additional points, the foreign national is required to have studied in Canada at a Canadian institution, in a full-time study or training program, for at least eight months.

    Foreign nationals who have completed an education in Canada will receive points based on the guidelines which you can find on the link below.
    Points awarded to International Graduates

    On top of that, you can get up to 64 points for having in-Canada skilled work experience. That's 94 points for the Express Entry system.

    These points are only awarded to students and nobody else and so I must say that studying to Canada offers one of the most secured pathway to Permanent Residence.

    If you are planning to move to Canada through the Educational Pathway, feel free to let us know by clicking the button below so we can guide you in every step of the way.

    Become a Permanent Residence through the Educational Pathway